Pets and Mold
If you and your vet can’t figure out what your cat or dog’s lethargy, sneezing, or bloody nose problem is, it may indeed be hidden mold somewhere in the house.
The MoldCheck™ Pet Threats™ Mold Testing Kit
|We continually get calls from residents who say they have sick family members and they mention that “even the cat is sick.”It seems that cats, in particular, are very vulnerable to symptoms of illness that can be associated with mold in homes that have hidden spots of dampness. (see www.moldcheck.com/pets-and-mold)If your cat or dog, but especially your cat, has been acting strangely, sneezing, coughing, lethargic, scratchy, wobbly, eye rubbing, you should rule out noxious or toxic mold spores as the cause, by conducting a very inexpensive whole house mold test screening. The Pet Threat™ Mold Test Kit is a quick and easy way to test everywhere your pet travels, eats, and sleeps indoors.|
Eight air tests and two surface test set ups.
An investigation guide
A clean-up guide
Where to test
Make a list of all the places your dog or cat spends their day playing, wandering, exploring, sleeping, and eating indoors. These will be your test locations.
How to test the air that your pet is breathing
Following the standard instructions in the test kit, simply open one film in each pet test location after briefly stirring up the air. Tape down one corner of the top film to hold it down. Don’t let kitty or poochy walk onto the film. After one hour close the film.
Then follow the kit directions to:
activate the film
let it grow
view your results.
read your investigation guide and inspect areas which show the highest mold counts
DIY – Surface Mold – Prove It™
If you find what you think is mold growing on a surface, use the swab to take a “wipe sample’ and wipe it onto the film as shown at www.moldcheck.com/surface. If it is mold, it will grow and expand across the film in hundreds of colonies. You have just proved that it is live mold. Use your clean-up guide to make a safe plan to clean it up.
Laboratory Investigation – Tox-Check™ Lab
If you want to know what type of mold you have found, and if it’s toxic, you can, for a lab fee, send the swab to an affiliated, certified laboratory for investigation.
Go online to pay for the lab testing. www.moldtesting.com/lab. The lab fee is $35.95.
Wipe the swab once more through the moldy surface. Place it in the lab testing plastic bag.
You must write your lab order number and email address on the swab envelope, then send it in the enclosed laboratory envelope, to Tox-Check™ Lab.
Report: You will receive a report and an interpretation by email in 5-7 days